Sunday 1 June 2014

May Favourites

It's been a while since I've done a monthly favourites post! So here you go!


Shiseido Accentuating Eyeliner Cream // My friend gave this to me, as she had 2 and was never going to use up the first one. It's such a lovely eyeliner to use! It's creamy and easy to work with, and once it dries it lasts all day without smudging. I think I'll need a better eyeliner brush as I don't think my essence one does it justice. I think it usually comes with a brush, however it was a gwp, and was gifted to me, so I didn't get one.

Rimmel Scandaleyes Retro Glam and Lycra Flex mascaras // I kinda have a love/hate relationship with these. There are times when they go on and I think that I have the best eyelashes that anyone has ever had, but then there are times where they just clump up and I need to use another brush to make it wearable. The good times with these definitely outweigh the bad, so that's why they're in my favourites. Lycra Flex is definitely one of those mascaras you have to leave open for a bit.

Essence Quattro To Die For and Over the Taupe // These gems are so cheap, and great for wearing to work. I've been pulling them out more this month than my naked palette.

Illamasqua Katie and Australis Baby Doll // I've been loving subtle light pink blushers lately, and these have been my go to this month. I only just bought Katie (matte and a bit lighter), so before I was using Baby Doll (a little darker, with shimmer).

Burts Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream // My nails are in terrible shape. No matter what I do they seem to always split. I've never used a cuticle cream before so I thought I'd give it a go. Although my nails still aren't perfect (working in hospitality doesn't help either), they've certainly improved thanks to this! I love the lemony scent too.


Bonus favourite: Greys Anatomy. I've been spending the month watching a lot of Grey's Anatomy. I started watching the first season at the end of last month and now I'm up to season 7. It's my favourite show ever and no episode ever gets boring, no matter how many times I've watched it. I also just watched the most recent season final, which also happened to be the most emotional episode I've seen. If you haven't watched it, I recommend having tissues handy, it's a real tear jerker.

2 comments:

  1. Those essence quads look so nice, I can't seem to find 'over the taupe' anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so great for their price. I know Essence discontinued a whole bunch of things about a year ago, maybe over the taupe was one of them?

      Delete