Wednesday 4 June 2014

Rimmel Stay Matte Mousse Foundation


While I was in England, I became pale. I didn't spend much time outside due to working 6 days a week, the sun going down early, and the whole 2 months of rain we had in December and January. I needed a new foundation, and I got a sample of this in a magazine and liked it (although it was too dark). I took a plunge with the colour, I didn't really match it, but just guessed it would be ok, based on looking at other foundations I had.


Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse foundation is a medium to full coverage, mousse foundation.  I don't know where the term liquid comes from, because if you were to put any kind of mousse in a squeezy container, it would come out the same as this.
I'll begin by saying that I have dry skin. Usually just moisturising day and night will keep it in line, but there's plenty of time when I have dry patches, especially around my eyes. This is not the foundation you want to use when there is even a chance you'll have a dry patch. It's clings and is just all round awful. However, when my skin is not playing up, it's fine. It took me a while to get used to applying it. Put it on with your fingers, it's too heavy and looks cakey. Put it on with a brush (Real Techniques expert face brush is my go to) and it'll end up streaky. I found the ideal way of applying it was with a sponge, I use the RT miracle more sponge. It's not too heavy, and it doesn't get streaky, and is a little less forgiving if you do have dry skin because of the moisture in the sponge.

Other than application problems, it's a great foundation. It lasts a long time, and is build able to give full coverage. I'm lucky enough not to have any blemishes, but I would expect you would still need to use concealer. It does do a good job at covering up my freckles though.
Although I have dry skin, I would imagine it would be a great foundation for anyone with normal to oily skin, especially when paired with Rimmel Stay Matte powder.. Even though it says it's a matte foundation, I feel it's a little more radiant than you would expect from a matte foundation, which I like, but others might not.
Foundation on half face (left)

Full face

As you can see, this shade Light Porcelain is a little light for my skin, and is also the lightest shade in the range. I'm not sure I like it enough to buy the next lightest shade, because of my dry skin, and I prefer a more dewy, natural foundation. It'll do fine for going out at night, especially in winter when I'm paler than usual.




Have you tried this foundation? What's your top pick for foundation for dry skin?

No comments:

Post a Comment