Sunday 22 June 2014

What I wore: Winter Daisies

I wore this last week when I had a job interview in a clothing store (didn't work out by the way, boo!). I bought this dress back when it was warm, just after I got home from England. I only got a few wears out of it in the warmer weather, it shrunk a little in the wash so it was a little too short for me to wear without tights. But now it's winter, I can chuck a pair of tights on underneath and a cardigan on and it's perfect. Because this dress is very neutral, I can really go out there with colours for everything else, and I love coloured cardigans and tights. Kmart have a bunch of pink and purple tights at the moment for only $3. I may have gone a little crazy and bought at least one pair of each colour. So far no holes, so I'm pretty happy! You can also see my tattoos through them, which I love. As for the cardigan, both Cotton On and SES had a bunch of coloured cardigans last Autum/Winter, but I haven't seen them this year. Modcloth have a bunch of rad coloured cardigans, but are a little more expensive.
Dress: Cotton On  //  Belt: Jay Jays  //  Tights: Kmart  //  Shoes: Target  //   Cardigan: SES
Face
Benefit Porefessional  //  Revlon Colorstay foundation in Ivory 
 Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch concealer  //  Australis Pressed Powder  //  MUA Pro-Brow kit   Illamasqua Katie  
MAC Let's Skate! //  Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette (White Chocolate up to brow, Champagne Truffle inner corner highlight, Creme Brulee over lid, Hazelnut and Haute chocolate in crease), Australis eye pencil Bombastic Bronze // Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal Cat Eyes mascara
Maybelline color sensational vivids Hot Plum.

This has pretty much been my go to make up look at the moment. Light pink cheeks, neutral eyeshadow, little bit of brown eyeliner, and I've been trying to put some effort into my brows. I've loved playing round with the Chocolate Bar palette, every time I go to use it it's like I'm using a brand new palette because it's just so versatile! I tried to get the most out of the pink shade (Strawberry Bon Bon) with MAC Let's Skate!, but Let's Skate! is such a light shade, and Strawberry Bon Bon isn't very pigmented, so I just gave up and used a bronze shade. I will get it right though, I'm determined to use it!
I'll also mention the Maybelline Mascara? What a name! I haven't bought a Maybelline mascara in ages. I've been so comfortable with Covergirl mascaras I didn't give them a second look. I used to love their Great Lash and Define-a-Lash formulas back in high school, so when I saw this on sale for 50% off in a local pharmacy, I snapped it up to give it a go. Just wow.
Here's a shot of Sadie, because why not.

3 comments:

  1. oh that dress is so cute! love it with the tights! and your pooch is adorable love her name (my great Aunts name) http://maybemayhemmakeup.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous look, I love the tights! A shame you didn't get the job - they must have been blind ;)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) For the best anyway, now I can find something better!

      Delete