Tuesday 26 February 2013

Review: MUA Pretty Pastels palette


This palette is probably the item I was most excited for from my MUA haul, and is also the product that surprised me the most. I kind of got it on a whim, I mean, I love the look of pastels but I thought I probably wouldn't get much use out of them because I rarely use colour and that because they were pastel they would be chalky and not very pigmented.



With the exception of shade 1, all of these pastel shades have a lovely shimmer to them which was a nice surprise as I was expecting them all to be matte. Most of these have very decent pigmentation (again with the exception of shade 1), which was something I was really surprised with. Some of the colours on the second row (particularly shades 9 and 10) don't show up as well on the skin as they do in the pan, but they still leave a lovely shimmer and would be really great for a subtle bit of colour. These shadows are also really nice to apply! They're very creamy shadows and don't feel cheap at all, just like MUA's Undressed palette.

So far I've been loving shades 2, 3 and 9 as they're the easiest to create a simple neutral eye look. I also managed to use shades 6, 10 and 11 for Valentines day.  I've found I don't even need to use a primer with these, but then again I haven't needed them to last all day. You would probably need to use a primer to get the most out of the brighter colours. I've also been using the applicator that comes with this set to apply these.

Swatches below are all over Australis' eyeshadow primer.
First row of shadows (1-6)




Second row of shadows (7-12)

7 comments:

  1. They have great pigmentation for such light colours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And considering their price too, they're pretty great pastel shadows!

      Delete
  2. They have pretty good pigmentation (aside from the first colour, I do have to agree) and I have this one myself.. they aren't bad without eye primer either :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MUA's shadows are all really great, except for the matte colours in the palettes unfortunately.

      Delete
  3. I really need to checkout out some MUA products :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely recommend at least checking out their Undressed palette - and now the undress me too palette! And keep an eye out for reviews on the new Undress your skin range.

      Delete
  4. love your blog. I'm so jealous of the swatches on you. It looks more pigmented on your pale skin, but mine is more sheer as I am of a tan skintone. lol

    http://exoticwaytoburn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete