Tuesday 6 May 2014

Ulta3 Speckle Polishes: Egg-cellent and Bunny Bloom


Ulta3 released these Speckle polishes before easter, but in true Ulta3 fashion they've been nearly impossible to find. I was lucky enough to spot a reasonably full stand when I visited a Terry White, and I wasn't even looking for them!
Speckle polishes are something I've been wanting to get into for a while now, since Illamasqua's first ones made their way onto everyones blogs. It seems Ulta3 are the first cheaper brand to copy them, which was fantastic, because I love their nail polishes! I picked up Egg-cellent and Bunny Bloom. 
Egg-cellent is a mint green, and Bunny Bloom is a strawberry milkshake pink (yep, that's what I'm using to describe it!) I wasn't really keen on picking up the other colours. They both have small black circles and larger black hexagonal matte glitters in them. To be honest, the formula isn't that great. I know they're a budget brand, but they're other nail polishes are fantastic, and this wasn't up to scratch. It was really goopy and thick to apply, and because it was so thick, it's hard to see anything beneath the top layer. The polishes would also benefit from more larger glitters. 
All this being said, I have seen these polishes look really nice on other people. My nails are awful. Really awful. And I think that effected how the polishes applied, because I needed 2 thick coats of Sally Hansen Nail Rehab. This, along with Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream seem to be helping my nails strengthen. A top coat probably wouldn't hurt either.
 

What do you think of the Ulta3 speckle polishes? Have you managed to find them? Or do you have another favourite brand for speckle polishes?

2 comments:

  1. Shame the formula didn't apply too well on your nails! I have the same problem, my nails are short and not pretty so a lot of nail polishes don't nearly look as good on me. These colours are super cute though! I had the same struggle with the formula with my other Ulta 3 polishes, they were way too thick and the applicator wouldn't deposit it evenly.

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was the first Ulta3 polish I've had problems with, which is annoying seeing as it was more expensive! I'm so jealous of everyone who has nice long nails.

      Delete