Sunday 30 December 2012

2012 in review

Me at my 21st

Holy Moly. What a year! This year feels like it's gone by at warp speed.

2012 was an incredible year for me. So many great things have happened to me, and I've met some incredible people.

Definitely the highlight of my year (more like highlight of my life) was in June meeting my favourite band ever, Simple Plan, not once, not twice but THREE TIMES! A friend and I did a road trip to see them play in Sydney, Newcastle, Sydney again and Wollongong in the space of 6 days! It was such a fun trip and we met some incredible people at the shows who we keep in touch with. They played with a band who I've also loved for a while - We The Kings, and it's safe to say that they're now my #2 favourite band, and I've been listening to them almost non-stop since June.
Me and David <3

The rest of the band

The best night... the second Sydney show when the lead singer was sick
so the bassist sung a few songs. Oh yeah, and we were right up in front
of the stage and there were only 20 people in the room. So fun!


I also got a new Italian Greyhound puppy - George, went skiing twice, had a fantastic 21st party where I had some forum friends from Sydney and Wollongong come down for, got the best birthday present - a Kitchenaid mixer from my boyfriend and did a whole load of baking, went to plenty of awesome parties including a weekend down the coast for a friends birthday, finished a freaking university degree, took some really interesting classes (biosecurity and microbial forensics - learning about viral outbreaks!), and finally started to move on from the job I've been at for 5 and a half years.


View from my friends house down the coast.

George.

Skiing

Kitchenaid mixer.

This year was great, but I know next year will be even better. My boyfriend and I are planning on moving to England from the end of May till (hopefully) after Christmas. It's going to be our gap year that we never had. We'll hopefully manage to travel a lot during that time and we want to at least go to Paris and Germany (and see ALL of the UK).

1 comment: