Monday 21 January 2013

Weekly nail: Bikini So Teeny

Since I've decided (been forced!) to stop buying nail polish, I thought it might be a good idea to try and go through my current nail polish collection and start posting my nails weekly. I have a ton of nail polish (some I haven't even used yet!) so it shouldn't be hard to find colours that I want to use.


First off I wanted to use some of the nail stickers I got from the Christmas blog swap. I also dug out my mini Essie polishes from the bikini so teeny collection because they're great summer colours. I used Essie Bikini So Teeny and Revlon Silver Dollar, and used Seche Vite as a top coat. I'm not a huge fan of applying these Essie minis, or really any Essie polish. I find they tend to go on pretty unevenly. This took me 3 coats, and it still ended up being a bit splodgy in spots. I was rushing it a little, so that could have had something to do with it, and I'm sure if I took the time it probably would have only taken 2 thicker coats. I only used one coat of Silver Dollar, as it's a very opaque polish. I do love this combination together and I can't wait to see what else I can do with the rest of the collection!



I'll make sure next week I take a bit more time so my nails aren't so messy.

No comments:

Post a Comment